Help for Health is a registered charity active in the provision of health information for patients. The Trust operates the free-phone Health Information Service for several health authorities in the South & West and Anglia & Oxford regions. It has a research unit specialising in consumer health information, and produces databases which are widely used in helplines and other information centres throughout the country.
Partners with Help for Health in the Centre are:
- Critical Appraisal Skills Programme (CASP), Oxford
- Institute of Education, London University
- Wessex Institute of Health Research and Development, Southampton
- National Centre for Health Technology Assessment
- Buckinghamshire Health Authority
Between them, the partners provide extensive experience in consumer health information, health promotion, training, systematic review, research & development and public involvement.